Read : What is Mpin Number, Hello friends, in today’s article we will give you information about MPIN number. MPIN is a security code used in mobile banking which is used for online transactions from mobile. Normally mPIN is a 4 digit code like ATM PIN but many banks have 6 digit mPIN also.
What is MPIN?
This makes your payment secure. Not many people know about MPIN. Therefore, complete information about MPIN has been given in this article. So let’s know what is MPIN?
This is a passcode, which you can use as a ‘Mobile Banking Personal Identification Number’ to perform banking related tasks online. It is a 4 or 6 digit code similar to an ATM PIN. You can use MPIN when you are doing transaction related tasks from your mobile phone.
You have to take special care to use the MPIN. Because this is a secret code, you do not have to write it anywhere, only you have to set it in your mind. When you are doing online transaction from mobile, then you can use MPIN. This code is given to its customers while doing mobile banking registration through the bank. After using the UPI app and USSD banking, you can set your PIN.
MPIN acts as a security shield from mobile banking. Whenever you make payment through USSD or UPI in mobile, you have to enter MPIN to complete the transaction. Transaction is not complete without MPIN.
MPIN is a sensitive code, so it is always advised to keep it confidential. If your MPIN is in the hands of any other person, he can do transaction from your mobile and fraud can happen with you. Do not share your MPIN with anyone.
MPIN full form
Mobile Banking Personal Identification Number is also known as mPIN. Each mobile banking transaction requires a 4-digit or 6-digit passcode.
To send or receive money, users had to enter their personal details, bank account information, and IFSC codes. In contrast, with mPIN, online payment transactions do not require them to remember these details. The mPIN is a great alternative to these details for confirming a user’s identity in security terms.
What is MPIN used for?
In today’s time, MPIN is required for any UPI transition, if you want to transfer money from your bank to any other bank, then you will need MPIN for all these tasks.
- Money Transfer
- Mobile Recharge
- Bill Payment
- Online Payment (Amazon, Flipkart Website)
- UPI apps
Why MPIN Is Necessary?
Two-way authentication is maintained using the Banking Transaction MPIN. In the same way that you withdraw money from an ATM using your ATM card and PIN. It is also important to authenticate in two directions when using a mobile phone.
Mobile Banking requires your mobile number as the first authentication factor. Therefore, only a registered mobile number can be used to open a mobile.
The second authentication is your MPIN. Knowing and remembering what you know. It also secures your mobile transactions. MPIN can be used for any mobile transaction.
Requirement of MPIN in Mobile Banking –
MPIN is used for transactions in mobile banking. MPIN has been issued by the government to make mobile banking two-way authentication and to keep transactions secure. On the basis of this, any person who is taking advantage of mobile banking facility can do their transaction for its use only through two-way-authentication.
The way we can withdraw money from our bank account through our ATM card and ATM PIN. In the same way, for Online Banking Transaction, authentication of the registered mobile number in the customer’s account is done first. The MPIN code of the applicant is sent on the basis of the registered mobile number. Secure banking transactions are possible through this code.
How to Generate MPIN :-
It is very easy to generate MPIN. Below you are given some steps. You can easily generate MPIN by following these steps-
Step-1 To generate Mpin, it is necessary to have balance in your mobile, because the message is sent to the bank through your mobile, so you should have ₹ 1 to ₹ 2 balance in your mobile.
Step-2 First of all you have to sign in to PhonePe App by giving your mobile number.
Step-3 Now you will be asked to add bank account, now click on add bank account, now a message will be sent to the bank through your mobile.
Step-4 As soon as your mobile number is verified by the bank, after that you will be asked to fill the details of the ATM or debit card, you will be asked to enter the last 6 digits of the atm or debit card and its expiry date. And fill the CVV number and click on the OK button.
Step-5 Now your details will be re-verified by the bank and if your details are correct, now you will be given to generate the MPIN, it is of 4 or 6 digits, it will be your bank account. Now OTP will come on your mobile number, you have to enter that OTP, after that you have to set mpin as per your wish.
Step-6 As soon as you type in MPIN twice, your MPIN will be generated, after that you can send or demand money to anyone, then by doing this you can generate MPIN.
Procedure to issue MPIN under USSD –
Users can issue MPIN through USSD based on the steps given below: The complete procedure to issue MPIN is given below in detail.
- To issue MPIN under USSD, users have to dial *99# in their registered mobile number.
- After this, as soon as the USSD service starts, you will have to link it with your bank.
- For this process, you have to type the first 4 digits of the IFSC code of your bank and 3 characters of your bank name. And after that send it again.
- After this you have to send by typing 7 in the next menu.
- To generate MPIN, you have to select 1 number and send it, after that submit the MPIN as per your convenience.
- Now read the given instructions and select number 2 to change the MPIN.
- Submit your old MPIN and enter your new PIN and click on confirm option.
- Now the previous MPIN will be changed and your new PIN will be generated.
How to get MPIN from UPI App
It is very easy to generate MPIN from UPI. Below you are given some steps. You can easily generate MPIN by following these steps-
Step-1 First of all install any UPI App like Google Pay, PhonePe in your mobile and Step-2 register with your mobile number in it.
Step-3 Link the bank of whichever bank you want to generate MPIN with the UPI app.
Step-4 After this you have to click on the option of Set MPIN.
Step-5 Create an MPIN as per your convenience and re-enter it to confirm.
In this way you can generate MPIN very easily through UPI App.
How to Create MPIN Through the YONO App
In order to create an MPIN for mobile banking, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Download the YONO SBI App from the Google Play Store. Open the app after that.
Step 2 – Log in to the app with your Internet Banking User ID and Password. You may also log in using the following details if you aren’t using Net Banking-
- SBI Account details
- ATM Card details
Click on submit after entering the account details, ATM Card details, and ATM Card PIN.
Step 3 – The Consent for MPIN page will appear. Click on Next after ticking the accept box.
Step 4 – Set up a six-digit MPIN. You will need to reenter your MPIN. For instructions on creating an MPIN, click here. Click Next to continue.
Step 5 – you will receive an SMS containing your OTP on your registered mobile number. You are being verified for authenticity. Your OTP has been received. Enter it. Then click the Next button.
Step 6 – Your MPIN has been generated after you have successfully registered for the YONO app. Additionally, you can use MPIN to login to the app. Then, you can explore the features of YONO.
How to Generate MPIN of BANK OF BARODA, SBI & ICICI :
If you want to generate mpin of any bank, how to bank of baroda generate mpin, then for this you do not need to take any stress, you have to follow all the steps given by me and you can generate mpin of any bank. will do.
What to do if you forget the MPIN?
You don’t have to worry if you forget your MPIN. We can generate a new MPIN at any time. You can easily create a new MPIN by using net banking, USSD banking or UPI apps. The process of generating new MPIN from net banking may vary from bank to bank but the process for USSD and UPI apps is almost the same.
How to get MPIN again ?
If you have forgotten your MPIN, now you have to generate a new MPIN, for this you have to click on forget mpin, after that you will be asked for your ATM card or debit card details, you will have to correct all the details After that you will be given to generate a new mpin, by doing this you can get mpin.
What is the difference between MPIN and ATM Pin?
The work of both of these is the same i.e. to protect your account from fraud and to provide security to your bank account. Both of these provide the feature of identification or authentication.
But these two are different. MPIN is used only for mobile money transactions. The same ATM PIN is used while operating the ATM. Let us know where MPIN is used.
- If you use SBI YONO, HDFC mobile app or other similar banking mobile apps, then whenever you open these apps, you will have to enter MPIN. Then these apps will open
- Apart from UPI, even if you pay through mobile using IMPS/RTGS/NEFT, you will still need to enter MPIN.
- You can also transact with SMS banking, although very few people use this SMS banking, but if you want to do any transaction through SMS banking, you still need MPIN.
- Even if you call the customer care of the bank, you can be asked about the MPIN.
Is MPIN Secure?
With MPIN all our payments are secure. This is an important security measure, but the MPIN is safe unless you share it with anyone else. The job of M-Pin is to provide security. In such a situation, as long as you keep it private, it will continue to provide security.
If you want to keep your mobile banking safe, then keep in mind the following things-
- You should always keep your MPIN secret.
- Register in Mobile Banking with a single SIM.
- Remember the money deposited in your mobile banking and also calculate it from time to time.
- Do not give any information related to your bank in any type of fake call or message.
- To ensure the security of Mobile Banking in case of loss of phone, call the Mobile Banking helpline number.
Benefits of Mobile Banking Personal Identification Number –
Friends, we will tell you about the benefits, so let’s know –
- MPIN is used to make mobile banking secure. This is a secret code used to make mobile banking secure.
- MPIN is used to make transactions through USSD and UPI, it is a 4 digit code which you can generate later as per your convenience.
- MPIN is a secure code for mobile banking. Even if your mobile phone is lost, no one can access your mobile banking unless he/she knows your MPIN.
- It is not easy to do transactions without MPIN.
- If you use Mobile Banking, then for this you do not need to ask for MPIN, the MPIN will be sent to the users through the message in the mobile number registered by the bank.
- This is how the MPIN can be obtained.
- Users using mobile banking can obtain MPIN in two ways.
- After registering Mobile Banking, user ID and mpin will be provided to the users themselves through the bank.
- Users can also create their own MPIN using BHIM app, USSD, UPI app.
The process of financial transactions can be completed through mobile in an online way only with the use of MPIN.
MPIN secures your payment hence it is a good tool of security for you. You can use it. This article explains how to generate MPIN and use it.
By reading this article, you must have come to know about the MPIN Number. If you have any doubt related to this article then you can ask in comment, your doubt will be cleared.
If you liked this article then share it with your friends so that they can know about MPIN number and use it.
- Hotstar App Download
- Winzo App Download
- Vision 11 Apk Download
- Howzat App Download
- Dream11 Download
- IPL 2023 Schedule
- MBA Chai Wala
- Anusha Dandekar Biography
- Deepak Hooda Biography
- Veer Mahaan Biography
Leave a Reply