In today’s article, we will read information related to Harshal Patel Cricket Player related to his career. Biography, Age, Height, Wiki, Net Worth.
Harshal Patel – Cricket Player Biography
Harshal Patel Personal Information
|Full Name||Harshal Vikram Patel|
|Born||23 Nov, 1990|
|Birth Place||Sanand, Gujarat|
|Current age:||32 Years|
|College||H.A. College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Net worth||$5 million|
|Coach/ Mentor||Tarak Trivedi, Ian Pont|
Harshal Patel is a right-arm medium bowler and a right-handed player, who played in the Under-19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy for Gujarat in 2008-09, capturing 23 wickets in seven matches of the season. His performances couldn’t catch the state selector’s eyes, so he moved on to Haryana for better prospects. Patel was also part of the 2010 Under-19 World Cup squad.
Patel has modeled himself around Glenn McGrath whom he admires for his consistent bowling. He was amongst three players who bagged a contract with Mumbai in Indian T20 league, in 2011 but did not manage to get a game.
His successful domestic trophy season earned him a contract with Bangalore for the fifth edition of the IPL in 2012 and did well enough to be bought back by the same team in 2014. Harshal’s career didn’t take off the way he would have liked to but he continued to be a part of Haryana team in domestic cricket.
After having a stint with Bangalore, he was bought by Delhi in 2018 but prior to the 14th edition of the Indian T20 League, Harshal Patel returned to Bangalore as he was traded by Delhi.
- T20 debut vs New Zealand at JSCA International Stadium Complex, Nov 19, 2021
- Last T20 vs West Indies at Eden Gardens, Feb 20, 2022
- IPL debut vs Delhi Capitals at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Apr 07, 2012
- Last IPL vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Oct 11, 2021
Harshal Patel made his debut in the 2012 IPL season and since then he has participated in 41 matches across seven seasons. Harshal has never quite made an impact to be a regular fixture in an IPL fixture but he has done enough to be in the squad for the next edition. Harshal picks wicket at a decent strike-rate but his problem has been his economy.
In the last year, playing for the Delhi franchise, he conceded runs at an economy of 9.54. And his average economy in IPL is 8.66. Harshal has to work on the economy rate to become a regular part of the Delhi franchise.
Harshal Patel Family
In a wealthy Hindu family, Harshal Patel was born. A Hindu deity is worshipped by his entire family and the entire family believes in Hinduism. The father of Harshal Patel is Vikram Patel, who works for Prime Flight Aviation in the United States. Darshan Patel, his mother from the US, works at Dunkin’ Donuts.
As a result of his interest in cricket, Harshal had to remain in India despite the fact that his entire family had settled in the United States of America (USA) by the year 2005. In parallel, Harshal’s coach Tarak Trivedi informed his family about Harshal’s cricketing skills, which led the family to agree to Harshal staying in India.
Patel also has two sisters, a younger sister named Archita Patel and an elder brother named Tapan Patel. The news of Harshal’s affair keeps going viral on the internet media despite the fact that he is still unmarried. Devarshi Joshi is Harshal Patel’s girlfriend, and he loves her a lot. In the near future, you may see both of them married.
Harshal Patel Social Media Presence
Some Interesting Facts
- 23 November 1990 was Harshal Patel’s birthday in Sanand, Gujarat.
- The Patidar caste is the family he belongs to.
- Smoking and drinking aren’t part of his lifestyle.
- Cricket has been a favorite sport of his since childhood.
- Despite being only 8 years old, Patel started playing cricket.
- Vikram Patel, his father, works for Prime Flight Aviation in the USA, and he comes from a prosperous Hindu family.
- All of his family members moved to the United States in 2005.
- Due to Harshal’s interest in cricket, he remained in India.
- The Mumbai Indians purchased him for the first time in the Indian Premier League (IPL) in 2010.
- Since 2012, he has been a part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad in the Indian Premier League.
- The Delhi Capitals then bought him in 2018 for 20 lakhs and included him in their team.
- Royal Challagers Bangalore traded on him again in the IPL 2021 auction and bought him by 20 lakhs.
- Against Mumbai Indians, he took a hat trick for the first time in his cricket career and IPL career, dismissing Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, and Rahul Chahar on consecutive deliveries.