In today’s article, we will read thoroughly about the entire process of Udhyog Aadhar Registration.
What is Udyog Aadhar?
With over 43.5 million units, and comprising over 94% of the industrial institutions in the nation, the SME sector is the basis of India’s economic growth. In reality, it is responsible for 44% of the total Indian production output. To ease the efforts of this business, the ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises India, Together with the Government of India, launched the Udyog Aadhaar centre.
If you’re wondering’What is Udyog Aadhaar?’ , the solution is simple: It is an identification method, very similar to Aadhaar, but especially for companies. As an MSME/SME, you may enjoy particular Udyog Aadhaar benefits through subsidies because its principal objective is to promote the development of all businesses registered.
Explained below is all you need to know about Udyog Aadhaar registration along with its advantages.
Udhyog Aadhar Registration Process
It is important to note that to register your business, you must have your Aadhaar information at hand. If you do not have your Aadhaar, visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre and apply for it. Upon receiving it, here are the steps to follow.
- Log on to the official website by visiting https://udyogaadhaar.gov.in
- Enter your Aadhaar number and name in the fields labelled ‘Aadhaar Number’ and ‘Name of Entrepreneur’.
- Check the box and then click on ‘Validate and Generate OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile.
- Upon successful verification, you will be redirected to a form.
- Fill in all the appropriate fields like ‘Name of Enterprise’ and ‘Type of Organisation’. (Pay careful attention while filling the ‘National Industry Classification Code’ and ‘Major Activity’.)
- Upon completion, recheck the data to ensure that there are no errors.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will then receive another OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter it accurately and click the final ‘Submit’ button to complete application.
It is important to know that there are no Udyog Aadhaar fees and you can print your Udyog Aadhaar certificate only upon successful registration.
Udyog Aadhaar Registration Eligibility
Business entities that are classified basis their investment in plant and machinery (according to the table below) are eligible to apply for an Udyog Aadhar card.
Classification Manufacturing Sector Service Sector
- Micro Enterprise Upto Rs. 25 lakhs investment in plant & machinery Upto Rs. 10 lakhs investment in gear
- Small Business Upto Rs. 5 crore investment in plant & machinery Upto Rs.two crores investment in gear
- Medium Enterprise Upto Rs.10 crore investment in plant & machinery Upto Rs.5 crores investment in gear
Documents required for Udyog Aadhaar new registration
When registering for Aadhaar Udyog, the files required may include:
- Name of owner
- Personal Aadhaar number
- Name of business
- Category of applicant
- Key activity
- National Industrial Classification code
- Type of organisation
- Bank details
- Date of commencement
- Details of District Industry Centre (DIC)
- Number of persons employed
udyog aadhar, udyog aadhar registration, udhyog aadhar registration, udhyog aadhar, udyog aadhaar memorandum, udyog aadhar card, aadhar udhyog, udyog aadhar online, udyog aadhar benefits
Leave a Reply